Review – Cormorant
The Cormorant is the ship bridging the gap between frigates and cruisers. Even though its purpose is to shoot down small and speedy ships, there are several odd jobs that I believe it can do better.
A lot of experienced Caldari pilots buy one simply for the sole role of salvaging wrecks after a battle or mission. Its relatively large cargo plus an extender will hold more than 500 m3 of any of the crap that you collect. And its 8 high slots means you can stick quite a bit of salvagers and tractor beams on. Well, 8 to be exact. Add a MWD and you got a speedy little temporary hauler.
For those lazy people who feel lazy, take the Cormorant out for a spin in the asteroids and mine your brains out. Watch excitingly as 7 miner I’s drill into the precious Veldspar into nothingness. And put that missile launcher on to fend off any NPC foes.
See, the destroyer class ships don’t really have a big role in the big battlefield except as a janitor. Unless it’s a small raid operation…
Then when its time for a battle, it sure is fun to see those turrets blast blue or green beams at those helpless ants. And if someone is shooting at you, launch a defender to lower the overall incoming DPS.
All in all, the Cormorant is just a bigger form of a frigate; nothing you absolutely need in the beginning. When you get rich, be sure to get one though to help you loot those wrecks and salvage some tritanium bars!
[expand title=Technical Information:]
- 10% bonus to small hybrid turret tracking speed
- 10% bonus to small hybrid turret optimal range
- Penalty of 25% reduction in rate of fire for turrets
- Bonus of 50% bonus optimal range for small hybrid turrets
- Default targeting range is 36 km with 7 locked targets
- Velocity is 210 m/sec with 0 m3 of drone capacity
- Shield hit points is 782 and recharges in 625 seconds
- Power grid is at 55MW, 215ft of CPU, and 400 calibration points
- There are 8 high slots, 4 medium slots, 1 low slots, and 3 rig slots
- 1 slot for launchers and 7 for turrets[/expand]
[expand title=Salvaging Setup:]
- 5 Salvager
- 3 Small Tractor Beam
- 1 1mn MicroWarpdrive
- 2 Small Capacitor Injector
- 1 Small Capacitor Battery
- 1 Expanded Cargohold[/expand]