Even before I got my Crow, lately it’s just been a lot of cruising around in belts looking for Guristas and doing some small complexes that are not empty. I guess it’s fun for the first bit while, but then it gets really redundant.
Then I tried to spice things up by flipping cans, waiting for can flippers, and taking wrecks hoping someone would engage in a 1 vs 1 battle with me. So far that hasn’t been working out very well either.
Other than that, here is a small list of past events:
- Had scouting help from Zoe for a hauling route through some low sec systems to retrieve my order of tritanium with my Badger Mark II.
- Almost got a kill in Akiainavas (Moa) with my Crow but he got out of warp scramble range, which is 24km, for some reason. Almost had him, he was down to 20% hull. Then we were able to recruit a new corp mate who is an active miner.
- Me and Zoe joined in on a mining operation with our good friends over in the Kul corporation and at the end, Saft surprised me and interrupted me when he brought in his cloaked Manticore.
- Then our corp did some little PVP and had some fun flying our ships
- The corp did a few missions for fun times.
- Went and tried to gang flipped cans. We first tried to lure other people to us by dropping our own can with minerals in it. Not a lot of people tried to steal our containers so we stole from others. Very good operation for a first fleet flip.
- Received another new corp mate
- Back to level 4′s with Saft, Zoe, and Busta. Yay!
Ya, that’s what I do, besides throwing up some sell orders and contracts.
I also wanted to share with you guys on how things have been going and to present to you some of the beautiful scenery of EVE online!
August 24, 2008 No Comments
This is a guide for all those of you who absolutely love to flip cans get free minerals that took ages for someone else to extract. But beware, this tutorial is filled with some humor!
First of all, these are the stuff you need:
- Hauler ship
- Quick small ship
- One or two giant secure containers or even a general freight container
- 0.8 or lower system with lots of jetcan miners
- Safespot that only you know in that system
- Guts (I really hope you have guts, or you should go see a doctor)
- Go to your safespot, drop off and anchor your cans and containers. Make sure this spot is your own and no one else knows of it.
- Bookmark this spot, never delete it!
- Fly your hauler ship to the safespot, eject, and fly back to your other small ship.
- Go fly your small ship and look for jetcaned cans of mineral.
- Once you spot your can, go to it and flip it so it’s contents now belong to you.
- To do this, you fly up to the can really quick, jettison something, like a mineral you stole previously or a piece of ammo, or even better yet, your bookmark for your safespot (no, I’m just joking, don’t do that).
- Now bookmark your can.
- Open up the other person’s jetcan and grab everything into your own can.
- Run away!
- Warp to your safespot and sit tight for a few minutes, preferably until the aggression countdown wears off.
- Get out of your small ship and hop into your hauler.
- Warp back to that can and pickup it’s contents.
- Warp back to your safespot, drop everything into your container.
- Wash, rinse, repeat…
That’s how it’s done, follow those easy… 14 steps and you can steal ore faster than you can say, Badger Mark II, well not literally of course.
When I try to explain this concept to some people at first, they don’t understand why we setup a safespot and not go into a station. Well person-who-asked-this, it’s so we can shave off about 10 minutes waiting to dock and undock (again, sarcasm).
I hope you have fun and aren’t warp scrambled by some nano’ed mining interceptor.
July 1, 2008 1 Comment